Did you always enjoy Beef Manhattan as a child? This recipe for Sherried Beef Manhattan is the perfect grown up version of the childhood favorite, that the kids will still love. Flavorful beef and mushrooms on a bed of creamy mashed potatoes atop a toasted piece of French bread… delish!
Sherried Beef Manhattan
The best part of this delicious dish is that the hard work is done all on it’s own– in the crock pot!
You literally dump all of the ingredients for the beef in the slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours. Then, when it is time for dinner, toast up some bread, heat up some mashed potatoes (these are serious good and super quick) and dinner is ready in 10 minutes!
Sherried Beef Manhattan inspired by Gooseberry Patch's Hometown Christmas.
- 3 lbs Beef Round Steak Cubes or Stew Meat
- 8 oz Slice Mushrooms
- 2 Cans Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 Cup Sherry (can substitute beef broth)
- 1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Loaf French Bread- Sliced and Toasted
- 1 Tub Mashed Potatoes
- Mix all ingredients (except bread and mashed potatoes) in a crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Top toasted bread with mashed potatoes and spoon beef and gravy over top
Affiliate links were used in this post.